Afitos Beach

Afitos Beach

Posted by James Storr 
Afitos Beach
July 13, 2009 06:36PM
Hi guys,

me and my girlfriend are going to Afitos this week, staying at the Achtis hotel. I was just wondering what the beach is like in Afitos. is it sandy and such? There are very few pictures on the net. Also, what is the village like in general? i am hoping it is romantic and relaxing so me and nikki can have a wonderful holiday. smiling smiley

James
Re: Afitos Beach
July 13, 2009 06:56PM
Hi James
There are nice white sand areas of the afitos beach, it is a walk down hill from the achtis, lovely old village with plenty of tavernas. The achtis is a lovely hotel, enjoy your holiday
Phil
July 13, 2009 07:18PM
Hi James. I think you are going to have a wonderful time in Athitos. It is one of the few vilages left in Halkidiki that have a kind of architectural identity and character.There are few interesting restaurants and nice cafes with awsome view.The vilage is overlooking the sea,so it is at a distance.The sea and beach however, is (not bad but) not up to the normal Halkidiki standards, so I would sugest that you look for alternative beaches and not just visit the one below Athitos . Have a wonderful time.Antonis
July 14, 2009 05:22AM
James

Lucky you! We have just had 1 week at the Acthis it was fabulous! The pool area is so lovely you might not need the beach. We did visit the beach on 3 days and found it fine-good sand and a little shingle and the clearest water.

Afitos is a traditional Greek village which is partially pedestrianised at night. There are lots of bars & restaurants where good Greek food can be had ranging from the higher priced "sea view" to more basic like "The Corner" all serving the usual assortment of Greek dishes. Fresh fish is also in abundance although it is usually sold by weight and can prove expensive!! The Achtis do a BBQ night on Fri night which is good value at 12euro each

Enjoy you hols-you will love it! The Achtis is a beautiful hotel with helpful and friendly staff. We are already looking at booking our return trip for next year!!

Alan & Sally
July 14, 2009 06:29AM
Thanks guys for the replies. I can't wait to go.

Are there other beaches to visit in the local area then? I did read somewhere that if you walk north of afitos along the beach you can find little coves of white sand with very few people on and such.
А.Hristov
May 14, 2018 12:49PM
Hi guys ,is there in Afitos suitable places for spearfishing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login